These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of our website. By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and agree that you have read and understood them. If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and by any other guidelines or rules applicable to particular services or schemes set out below you should not use this website.
The following words have the following meanings: “Conditions” means these terms and conditions; “Product Provider” means the provider of products, services, or goods listed on, and potentially able to offer its product and services through this website; “Us/Our and we” means Seek The Deal Pty Ltd ABN 85606811269 of 1/123 York street, South Melbourne Victoria 3205; “You” means the user of the website.
Seek The Deal Pty Ltd offers a free service to you and other users. Service providers provide information to us without charging any additional fees to you. Should you proceed to purchase a product or service found on this website, then any additional charges by any service provider are a matter for disclosure to you by the service provider at the time you choose to accept any product or service offering of the relevant service provider.
You acknowledge and accept that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content provided as part of the website belong to us and the Product Providers. You may download material from this site for your own use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials is transferred to you by such downloading. Any other use of the material and content of the website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material except for the purpose of applying for energy/other services or with our written consent.
Use of Personal information
Our liability to you
While we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy of any information placed on the website, we make no representations or give any warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and we disclaim all representations, except where fraudulently made, and warranties. In addition we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy or the information contained on this website. The information provided to you in connection with the products is provided by the Product Provider and you acknowledge that we have no liability to you with respect to the accuracy of such information. These disclaimers do not attempt to disclaim liability for matters which cannot be excluded under any applicable Australian law. We make no warranty that the website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We will not be liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the website. We cannot guarantee that a Product Provider will be able to provide a particular product at any particular time or that a product will be available from day to day. We do not accept any liability in the event of withdrawal of any product or for rejection of your application by the Product Provider for any reason whatsoever. We cannot be responsible for the services offered by us as agents for third parties (including but not limited to Product Providers) or for any aspect of the relationship between you and that third party. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a dispute between yourself and any third party due to the use of our Service. Neither we nor any of our directors, agents or employees will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including, without limitation, compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss or damage to property and claims of third parties. We do not exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our directors, agents or employees. This website is designed to provide you with general information only and does not attempt to give you advice on any particular product or to recommend any particular product to you. The information on this website may not include all products available on the market and/or you may see all the licensed retailers in Australia on our website for general information regardless of our relationship with them.
You agree to fully indemnify us immediately on demand from and against all claims, actions, liability, losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees arising from any breach by you of any of these Conditions or any other liabilities arising out of your use of our website.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website or any part of it without notice to you and we will not be liable to you in any way for any modification or withdrawal of the website. We also reserve the right to modify these Conditions without reference to you. We reserve the right at any time to refuse to process a transaction for any reason. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our refusing to process a transaction. In the event that your application is refused on five separate occasions in any six month period you will not be able to apply again via our website for a further six month period. We accept no liability for any loss that this may cause you of whatever nature. By making an application for services through us, you expressly authorise us to transmit information or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to your credit reports, in order to check/authenticate your identity.
Third party links
In the event that there are third party links to other websites for your convenience, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability or functionality of such external sites. We do not endorse the content of any external sites and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss however caused to you by your use of any external site.
The information on this website is for residents of Australia only. For our electricity and gas comparison services, we are only working for NSW, VIC, SA and QLD at this stage. We shall not be liable to you where performance of any of our obligations to you is prevented, frustrated or impeded by any circumstance or cause beyond our control. If any part of these Conditions is found to be unenforceable as a matter of law, all other parts of these Conditions shall not be affected and shall remain in force. These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law and the Australian courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
We make no representations, guarantees or warranties that the services we offer are available or appropriate for use by those outside of non-serviceable areas. It is your responsibility to evaluate the quality, suitability, accuracy, completeness and reliability of this Website, ad(s), call centre(s), information provided by any us and any Supplier, information accessed or obtained by you through using our services, and any information or content contained therein. We accept no responsibility and make no representations, guarantees, or warranties that the Website will operate continuously, without interruptions or be fault-free. We may need to make the Website unavailable with or without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption or loss of service. Offerings are dependent on location wise and it is your responsibility to evaluate and check If you qualify for the offers with our team.
In common with all energy supplier comparison websites, Seek The Deal receives a small commission from suppliers when you switch your energy supply/other services through us. We are not liable to show all suppliers, regardless of our relationship with them.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of this prize draw is Seek The Deal Limited of 504, 492 St Kilda Rd Melbourne 3004
2. The prize draw is open to all AUSTRALIAN residents of NSW, VIC, SA and QLD aged 25 years or over who opted in to receive Seek The Deal marketing emails, and opted in to participate in the prize draw, opted in to get energy and gas comparison service, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. You will be entered into the prize draw when you have signed up for our comparison service and switched energy suppliers with the help of the Seek The Deal team.
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person is permitted.
4. All entries must be submitted via the specified marketing email or landing page as promoted by the promoter.
5. The opening date for entries is 9am on Tuesday 12th March 2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 11:59pm on Saturday 31st August 2019. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind or for any other reason, and any incomplete entries will not be considered valid for entry into the prize draw.
7. One winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process by 31st August 2019.
8. Winner will receive 12 months of their energy bills paid by Seek The Deal Pty Ltd not exceeding the value of $1000.00 (“the Prize”).
9. The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Promotor reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative Prize of equal or higher value at its sole discretion.
10. The winners will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before 14th September 2019 and must provide a postal address in AUSTRALIA to claim the Prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. Once the winner has replied to the Promoter’s email notification with the required information, the Prize will be sent to the winner within 30 days.
11. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material, upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
13. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this prize draw, the Promoter reserves the right to end or suspend the prize draw; amend these terms and conditions; declare void the notification of winner.
14. The winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their full name, postcode and photograph in any media.
16. To the extent permitted by law, Click Energy reserves the right to disqualify a participant or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition without liability to the participant.